Glowing skin can actually be pretty difficult to attain. When you head to your departmental store, there will be a thousand products to offer you the benefits. And you can try all of them but still not get the right results. You can apply your makeup in the perfect order and use all the right shades, but still not get the perfect look. A big reason for that is that while we layer ourselves up in perfect products, we forget how to properly care for our skin.
So in this article, we will take you through a few things to add to your makeup routine. Do this, and you will see the difference. Watch your skin go from dull to glowing in a matter of days!
- Wash: Make sure you wash your face TWICE a day. Once is not enough, since a day is long enough for oil and dirt to accumulate. Use a cleanser to wash your face in the morning after you wake up and right before you go to sleep. If your makeup is not too heavy or you only wear it for half a day, consider splashing some water on your face during the day as well.
- Toner & Serum: Both of these products are great for getting an even skin tone. But a serum takes it a step further and targets specific issues. They contain formulas which target the skin issue due to their concentrated nature. Whether you use a toner or a serum, remember to apply it right after you wash your face.
- Moisturize: The importance of moisturizing cannot be emphasized enough. Moisturizing is the simplest way to making sure your skin remains supple. Not moisturizing dry out the skin. For people who have oily skin, not moisturizing can make it patchy. Your skin needs more than just the natural oils. So apply a moisturizer immediately after applying your toner and/or serum. You’ve got to lock in the goodness, ladies!
- Sunscreen: If you like your skin, you must protect it with sunscreen. The ideal sunscreen contains an SPF between 15 to 25, but that can vary depending on your skin tone since melanin levels differ in different skin tones. Similarly, what part of the world you live in will also affect it. Apply sunscreen in the morning at least 20-25 minutes before you leave. For best sun protection, reapply every 2-3 hours.
- Makeup Removal: No matter how tired you are or how late it is, you absolutely must remove your makeup before sleeping. Your skin really needs the time to breathe, or it will not flourish. Use a makeup remover or a remover wipe. If you tend to be exhausted when you get back, consider keeping some wipes next to your bed.
- Exfoliate: Skin cells die all the time, only to be replaced by new ones. But for the new ones to flourish, the old must be removed. Enter, face scrubs. Exfoliate at least twice a week to keep your skin healthy. You can use something store-bought if you tend to be low on time. Homemade face scrubs are an equally great option. The best part? You can customize them to your skin’s needs!
- Face Mask: After you exfoliate, follow up with a face mask. Exfoliation opens up your pores. So using a face mask is the best way to let your skin absorb even more nourishment. Feel free to experiment with some homemade recipes till you find the perfect one for you!
You don’t have to spend an hour every day to get a glowing skin. All you need is a few tricks and a simple routine. Now that you know the secrets, make sure you follow through with your routine. The joy of self-pampering, even if for just 15 minutes a day, is huge. Simple self-care tips can make you feel significantly better. And remember, nothing looks better than a self-satisfied woman!