At the end of your workday, when you head home, you take a look in your mirror and you see a tired face, worn from the day’s trials. Now picture this, a text pops up on your phone screen. It’s your best friend, and she’s invited you up for drinks at a new bar in town. What do you do?
When you have a short amount of time between a day and night event, some of the best solutions are right under your nose!
Here are some tricks to take you from business formal to appropriate casual!
What You Need
These simple drugstore items can help you create the perfect day to night glam look:
- A Hairbrush: Carry a hairbrush or a comb depending on the quality of your hair. You can use this to neaten your look.
- Pocket Vanity Mirror: In a situation where you need to be ready in a jiffy while in a car, a small vanity mirror does a better job than a phone front camera.
- Wet Face Wipes: Can’t wash your face? A face wipe can be the difference between oily, drab skin, and a fresh and dewy face.
- Lotion: Pick up a small bottle of baby lotion. These lotions are made for the most sensitive skin and let the skin breathe.
- Lipstick: Pick a shade that goes with most outfits. A light, nude shade, or a signature dark lip saves you, lifestyle-wise.
- All-Purpose Eye-Shadow: A pocket-sized packing of glittery and pigmented eye-shadow can act as a blush, highlight, and eye-shadow.
- Mascara: We suggest carrying something waterproof, and not too thick.
How to Look Instantly Glam
- Clean-up the Face: When short on time, use a wet face wipe to clean your face of the dust and pollution of the day. With immediately fresher looking skin, you now look ready to face the night!
- Moisturise: Use lotion on your face to moisturize it. Wiping it with a tissue or washing it causes it to become bare and dry.
- Make-Up: An overall glam look needs to highlight one part of your face. It can either be your eyes or your lips. If you are going for a heavy eye-liner, opt out of a statement lip color. Choose a light shade to make your face glow.
- Shake-Up the Outfit: It isn’t easy to conjure up an outfit at the drop of a hat. Use your existing outfit to build. If you’re in a button-down shirt, switch the pants for a pencil skirt, or a pair of well-fitted jeans. Pop open a few buttons and roll up your sleeves! You can use the same trick for a blazer.
- Layering: Throw on a jacket and layer your outfit to look like you’ve made an effort. Pick a shrug to throw some color and pattern onto the outfit.
- Heels: Throw on a pair of heels. These can be short or long depending on your preference. Wear casual footwear like a pair of platforms, or sandals.
- Hair: If you have time to style your hair, dry them into large waves. If your natural texture is curly, leave it open with some salt spray on! The added texture adds drama to your look.
- Accessorize: Use accessories to draw attention to some parts of it. For example, wear longer earrings to add a soft glow to your face. Wear hair-pins with some texture and color to them – preferably a basic color like black, silver or golden. Put on lots of rings in a similar motif on your fingers, or wear a statement bracelet.
- Statement Necklace: The best way to accessorize a corporate outfit is by adding a statement neckpiece to it. Go for a light shirt, dark pants, and monochrome heels to complete the look.
The most important trick, though, is to remain hydrated through the day, and to put on a bright smile to look the most glam you possibly can!