Looking for a delicious weekend night meal? Here are some of the most amazing and simple go-to chicken recipes that will come in handy when you feel hungry or decide to have a night out with friends. This guide provides you with some amazingly satisfying chicken recipes that are budget-friendly and can be cooked within no time.
This perfect weeknight meal can be enjoyed by both the kids as well as the grownups and can be paired with a lightened green yogurt sauce for giving it that extra punch. This amazing dish is truly the definition of “healthy yet tasty”.
- Take a bowl and add mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic, salt, pepper, and onion powder. The whisk is well and set it aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F. Coat the cooling rack placed inside the baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Take the chicken strips and season them with salt and pepper as per taste.
- Take a large bowl and combine onion powder, bread crumbs, and garlic. Set it aside.
- First, dredge the chicken strips in the flour, then dip it into the eggs and then dredge it onto the bread crumbs forming a coating.
- Place these chicken strips on the rack that was prepared and add some cooking spray on to it.
- Place this inside the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Serve it with an appropriate dip, if desired.
Pan-Roasted Lemon Chicken
With amazingly crisp skin and the goodness of the juicy lemon herbs, this dish is all set to be a hit in your family. With a two-step process, you can make this dish at a last-minute crisis to add richness to your beautiful weekend dinner buffet.
- Firstly, preheat the oven to about 450 degrees F.
- To prepare the Lemon Rub: Take a bowl and add lemon zest, police oil, mustard, thyme, oregano and salt to taste. With the help of either a brush or your fingers, rub the lemon rub on both sides of the chicken.
- Take a large bowl and add lemon zest, lemon juice, and chicken stock. Whisk it and set it aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil. Later, add the chicken with the skin side at the bottom and sear it on both sides 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown. Next, add the chicken stock mixture to it.
- Place it in the oven and let it remain until fully cooked for about 20 to 25 minutes and serve immediately.
BBQ Chicken Salad
Thinking of shedding some holiday weight? What’s better than making a healthy salad at home yourself. You can add a bit of your touch and recipe and make it a special one with appropriate dressing and inexpensive ingredients right at your home.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Take the chicken breasts and season them well with salt and pepper as per your taste requirement.
- Add them to the skillet and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on either side until thoroughly cooked. Allow it to cool for some time and then dice them to bite-size pieces.
- Assemble the salad by placing lettuce at the bottom of the bowl and top it with chicken, onion, tomatoes, beans, corns, and cheese. Now add dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and toss it gently to combine all the flavors.
- Serve it immediately along with tortilla strips.
Baked honey mustard Chicken
This honey mustard combination is culinary heaven to all the chicken lovers. This creamy chicken dish is something that you would definitely love to add to your weekend dinner menu.
- Preheat the oven to about 450 degrees F.
- To prepare mustard rub: Take a small bowl and combine whole grain mustard and police oil. Add seasoning to this: salt and pepper to taste.
- Work the mustard rub on both sides of the chicken using your fingers or a brush.
- Take a large bowl and whisk together while grain mustard, chicken stock, and honey. Set this aside.
- In an oven-proof skillet heat the olive oil. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown. Add the already prepared mustard mixture.
- Place it into the oven until it is cooked throughout for about 25 minutes.
Chicken salad Sandwich
This amazing and delicious chicken dish is light and healthy and is loved by both the kids as well as adults to make your lunch tastier and delightful.
- Take a large bowl and add ingredients like chicken, grapes, apples, sliced almonds, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine this well and add these on the bread along with a mixture of chicken and lettuce to make yummy sandwiches.